At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a resume with salary history in confidence to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to the Human Resources Manager. No phone inquires please.
Availability at our Corporate Offices | Bristol Location
No openings at this time.
Availability at our Chatfield Location
Process Engineer – Chatfield Location
Strongwell, the world leader in the manufacture of pultruded composite products, is seeking an engineer for its Chatfield, Minnesota manufacturing facility. The Process Engineer will work closely with employees in operations, technology and product development to improve processes and systems, productivity improvements and waste reduction efforts. Flexibility is necessary to support multiple shift operations when required. Strong interpersonal, analytical, communication and problem solving skills are required.
Requirements / Key Responsibilities include:
- B.S. in mechanical, chemical or composite engineering
- Creative technical aptitude.
- A keen desire to learn a unique and growing manufacturing process.
- “Hands on” capabilities with ability to communicate effectively with various manufacturing departments.
- Understanding of best manufacturing processes
- Ability to multi-task assignments
- Analyze, recommend and implement process improvements
- Report on process activities
- Recommend and implement productivity improvements
- Recommend and implement waste reduction processes
- Investigate and resolve production problems
- Work with development team to investigate new processes and formulas
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Solid works, ISO, AutoCad, ERP Systems
- Composite industry experience in process engineering
- 3 to 5 years’ process engineering experience
- Environmental/safety experience
- Pultrusion manufacturing experience is a plus
- Process automation
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.