At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a resume with salary history in confidence to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to the Human Resources Manager. No phone inquires please.
Availability at our Bristol Location
Accounts Payable Administrator
Strongwell, the world leader in pultrusion manufacturing, is recruiting an Accounts Payable Administrator for its corporate headquarters in Bristol, Virginia. Reporting to the Virginia Operations Controller, this position is responsible for professionally maintaining all accounts payable records.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Accurately post transactions to the general ledger.
- Initiate electronic and paper checks to vendors on a weekly basis.
- Scan invoices/AP related documents in DASH document manager.
- Distribute intercompany charges to divisions.
- Generate monthly spreadsheets to managers.
- Reconcile accounts payable information to general ledger.
- Time Critical Manufacturing (TCM) software comprehension.
- Assist with monthly closings.
Candidates should display the following competencies to perform the essential job functions.
- Demonstrate professional integrity standards and maintain uncompromised confidentiality regarding all company information.
- Display effective time management skills in a high volume environment.
- Detail oriented, the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality standards.
- Microsoft Office proficient.
- Ability to positively interact with all departments.
- Understanding of contemporary accounts payable standards.
Education and experience:
- At least two years’ accounting experience is required.
- Accounts payable experience is a plus.
- (Minimum) Associate degree in accounting required.
If you are interested in pursuing this challenging opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com.