At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a resume with salary history in confidence to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to the Human Resources Manager. No phone inquires please.
Availability at our Bristol Location
Process Engineer – Manufacturing
Strongwell, the world’s leader in pultruded composite products, is recruiting a mechanical engineer for the Bristol, Virginia manufacturing operations. The successful candidate will be a Manufacturing Process Engineer professionally contributing to the engineering processes of the facility. Candidates should possess 2+ years’ of manufacturing experience and have a keen desire to learn the pultrusion process. Also, the following talents and skills should be displayed:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven CAD abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Self-motivated with a curious aptitude to enhance process efficiencies through contemporary engineering techniques
- Composites experience is a plus
- Comprehension of various materials and resins utilized in product development is desirable
- Ability to communicate with manufacturing associates, technical peers, management and customers is imperative
- Project management experience is beneficial
- Experience with 5S and Lean manufacturing is desirable.
- A strong chemistry aptitude is a plus
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this challenging opportunity provides competitive compensation and benefits. Candidates should submit their resume in confidence to: email@example.com.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Availability at our Chatfield Location
Process Engineer Intern
Strongwell, the world leader in the manufacture of pultruded composite products, is seeking an engineering intern for its Chatfield, Minnesota manufacturing facility. The Process Engineer intern will work closely with employees in operations, technology and product development to improve processes and systems, productivity improvements and waste reduction efforts. Flexibility is necessary to support multiple shift operations when required. Strong interpersonal, analytical, communication and problem solving skills are required.
- Working toward B.S. in mechanical, chemical or composite engineering
- Creative technical and hands-on aptitude
- A keen desire to learn a unique and growing manufacturing process
- Ability to communicate effectively with various manufacturing departments
- Understanding of best manufacturing processes
- Ability to multi-task assignments
- Analyze, recommend and implement process improvements
- Report on process activities
- Recommend and implement productivity improvements
- Recommend and implement waste reduction processes
- Investigate and resolve production problems
- Work with development team to investigate new processes and formulas
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with SolidWorks, ASTM, ISO
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.