At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a resume with salary history in confidence to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries please.
Availability at our Bristol Location
No openings at this time.
Availability at our Chatfield Location
Strongwell, the world’s leader in pultruded composite products, is recruiting a Controller for the Chatfield, Minnesota division. The division Controller, under the direction of the Vice President Minnesota and Mexico Operations, manages and directs all division accounting functions, executes the financial close process, reports accurately and timely financial results, performs business analytics and displays proven acumen with generally accepted accounting principles.
Position Prerequisites: A B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance with progressively responsible manufacturing accounting experience including effective management abilities. A minimum of 8 years’ accounting experience is preferred. CPA is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strong technical and analytical skills in accounting and finance. Excellent financial reporting and forecasting abilities with high-level database skills.
- Thorough knowledge, or ability to comprehend, Time Critical Management (TCM) system or experience with a similar ERP system in a standard cost environment.
- Excellent understanding of internal control and accounting practices, including budgeting, costing, general ledger, fixed assets, etc.
- Responsible for financial variances and variance resolutions
- Ensures accuracy in cost accounting procedures
- Professionally challenge financial information and data when necessary
- Computer proficiency in Windows software with advanced understanding of Excel
- Interfaces with corporate office positively and supportively
- Experience with Mexico accounting principles is a plus
- Ability to multi-task, utilize time management skills and proactively manage deadlines is critical
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Annually, prepare budgets, execute standard cost roll, and facilitate inventory and financial audit. Interface with external accounting firm
- Quarterly, compute LIFO and employee bonus calculations
- Monthly, produce financial statements for Minnesota and Mexico locations. Insure accuracy of General Ledger and post necessary transactions. Also, administer contributions to international and domestic sales, intercompany transactions, benefit contributions and analysis, sales by state and appropriate spreadsheets.
- Routine job costing, credit decisions, accounts payable/receivable, stress management and effective communication skills are essential.
If you are interested in pursuing this rewarding position at a recognized exceptional manufacturing facility, please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com. Competitive compensation, bonus and company sponsored benefits are provided.