At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a resume with salary history in confidence to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone inquiries please.
Availability at our Bristol Location
No openings at this time.
Availability at our Chatfield Location
Strongwell, the world’s leader in pultruded composite products, is recruiting a Production Manager for the Chatfield, Minnesota division. The Production Manager, under the direction of the Vice President Minnesota and Mexico Operations, manages and directs all manufacturing departmental functions, reports accurately and timely production performance results, performs production analytics and displays proven acumen with leading a production team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership to production employees and monitor their performance to ensure adherence to established standards and procedures and to achieve business goals and objectives
- Responsible for the safe and efficient daily operation of production department, maximizing productivity and minimizing cost while maintaining quality
- Cultivate an environment of excellence through open communication, collaboration, and teamwork
- Create and reinforce a safety first culture by personal leadership as well as appropriate daily reinforcement of employee behaviors
- Work in a team environment with other department management to coordinate a production schedule based on available manpower, equipment efficiency, and material requirements as well as establish priorities and monitor production progress to achieve required deadlines, objectives, and budgets
- Drive to achieve and improve company Key Performance Indicators which include: Safety, Scrap Reduction, On-time Delivery, Direct Labor, and Utilization
- Manage and optimize BOM structures and routings
- Drive and champion new technologies, collaborations, and improved processes to define, leverage, and implement best production practices including leading continuous improvements in cost reduction, production time, and manufacturing capacity.
- Lead and support company initiatives for new product development and R&D
- Supervise, motivate, and coach production employees in the performance of their duties, complete performance reviews, and provide feedback and necessary mentoring to develop and enhance their growth
- Maintain compliance with safety standards, GMP's, and all other company policies and procedures
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Engineering, Business, or related field preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment.
- Highly proficient in ERP/MRP systems, Microsoft Office, and data analytics
- A process-oriented thinker with strong technical acumen, a passion for learning, and desire for continuous improvement
- The ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining high standards of quality and strong customer focus
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
If you are interested in pursuing this rewarding position at a recognized exceptional manufacturing facility, please submit your resume in confidence to email@example.com. Competitive compensation, bonus and company sponsored benefits are provided.