At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a resume with salary history in confidence to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to the Human Resources Manager. No phone inquires please.
Availability at our Bristol Location
Regional Sales Manager
Strongwell, the world’s leader in the manufacture of pultruded composite products, is recruiting a Regional Sales Manager for the western United States. The position will be located at the corporate headquarters in Bristol, Virginia. The successful candidate will be responsible for sales in Hawaii, California, Oregon, Washington, Nevada, and Arizona. Additionally, British Columbia, Canada is included in the sales territory. Prior experience with sales endeavors in this region is a plus. Listed below is a description of the responsibilities.
Responsible for professionally managing the assigned sales territory to maximize sales and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or exceed annual sales goals.
- Maintains a high level of integrity and develops a high degree of trust and respect among customers.
- Professional behavior, attitude, and appearance at all times.
- Capable of researching the territory to identify, and land potential new customers.
- Achieve specification of Strongwell products.
- Thoroughly prepared for all sales calls.
- Continually improve product knowledge by spending time in each manufacturing location.
- Continually improve selling and closing skills.
- Able to create and conduct PowerPoint presentations to new and existing customers.
- Able to forecast and execute a business plan that includes meeting all goals for the territory.
- Effectively work with all departments including pricing, accounting, engineering, corporate sales, quality and R&D.
- Support personnel at the appropriate manufacturing location .
- Communicates with internal personnel with information pertaining to product requirements, acceptability and competitive matters .
- Timely submittal of all required reports and CRM updates.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in trade shows, sales presentations, sales meetings, and training sessions for customers
- Diplomatically resolves customer problems
- Remain compliant with all company policies and procedures
- Willing and able to be a team player
- Maintain Outlook calendar
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies and Education
- College degree
- 5-7 years of successful experience in sales
- Strong selling and closing skills
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Requires at least 50% overnight travel
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications and CRM
- Requires good organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter
If you are interested in pursuing this challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your response in confidence to: email@example.com.
Availability at our Chatfield Location
Process Engineer Intern
Strongwell, the world leader in the manufacture of pultruded composite products, is seeking an engineering intern for its Chatfield, Minnesota manufacturing facility. The Process Engineer intern will work closely with employees in operations, technology and product development to improve processes and systems, productivity improvements and waste reduction efforts. Flexibility is necessary to support multiple shift operations when required. Strong interpersonal, analytical, communication and problem solving skills are required.
Requirements / Key Responsibilities include:
- Working toward B.S. in mechanical, chemical or composite engineering
- Creative technical and hands-on aptitude
- A keen desire to learn a unique and growing manufacturing process
- Ability to communicate effectively with various manufacturing departments
- Understanding of best manufacturing processes
- Ability to multi-task assignments
- Analyze, recommend and implement process improvements
- Report on process activities
- Recommend and implement productivity improvements
- Recommend and implement waste reduction processes
- Investigate and resolve production problems
- Work with development team to investigate new processes and formulas
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with SolidWorks, ASTM, ISO
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.