Careers – Accounting Manager (Bristol, VA)
**Great Benefits - Competitive Pay - Bonus Potential**
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity, and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm, and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, 400 Commonwealth Ave., Bristol, VA 24201. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Employment Application for Download
Accounting Manager (Bristol, VA)
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounting Manager to manage accounting functions for our Virginia Operations located in Bristol, VA. Come join our world class team!
As a key member of the Virginia Operations Finance/Accounting team, this position reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for reporting financial results along with other general ledger and accounting responsibilities, while managing an accounting staff to support all aspects of Virginia Operations accounting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for annual departmental budgets
- Prepares and presents narrative for monthly financial statements for Virginia locations
- Executes of standard cost roll
- Facilitates year-end inventory and financial audit
- Satisfactorily resolves financial variances
- Ensures accuracy of cost accounting procedures
- Maintains monthly account reconciliation schedules
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies and Education
- College degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum three years’ accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with ERP software
- Extensive balance sheet knowledge / experience
- Strong accounting/finance technical and analytical skills
- Experience with internal controls and accounting practices, including budgeting, costing, general ledger, and fixed assets
- Excellent financial reporting and forecasting abilities with high level database skills
- Experience supervising an accounting team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Office environment
- Prolonged periods of sitting, working on a computer
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].