Careers – Accounts Payable / Payroll Administrator (Chatfield, MN)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Accounts Payable / Payroll Administrator
JOB SUMMARY: A key member of the Minnesota Finance/Accounting team, this position reports directly to the Controller Minnesota-Mexico Operations. This role is instrumental in processing weekly hourly Payroll and all Payroll reporting functions as well as the Accounts Payable vouchering process for the Minnesota location. This role is also responsible for various Accounting duties, as referenced below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of Duties and Responsibilities is not an all-inclusive list. Employee will be responsible for performing other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management, as required.
- High School graduate - post-secondary training or 2-3 years of equivalent work experience in related field.
- Office/computer experience including Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Knowledge of manufacturing production/inventory fundamentals beneficial but not required.
- Familiar with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software.
- Strong math aptitude skills beneficial.
- Proof weekly hourly payroll statistics and confirm for accuracy. Send to Corp for payroll processing.
- Process contract employee hours worked and communication to employment agencies.
- Maintain plant PLT log for tardiness and unpaid time.
- Enter payroll information changes in ADP, such as banking information and address changes.
- Review Attendance Slips for unpaid time.
- Calculate Perfect Attendance.
- Provide various ad hoc payroll reports to Strongwell management.
- Prepare/distribute payroll checks.
- Assist supervisors with payroll system support.
- Provide accurate and timely information for the filing of federal and state tax reports and deposits.
- Prepare month end payroll/fringe benefits hourly journal entries and route for review to the Controller.
- Update and review payroll/fringe benefits monthly account reconciliation files.
- Prepare quarterly 941 reconciliations.
- Assist with yearend physical inventory and audit requirements, as requested.
- Receive vendor invoices for processing.
- Complete vouchering process. Assure that invoice/PO quantities and amounts are accurate and all supporting documentation to meet internal control guidelines are in order.
- Code invoices for data entry.
- Enter invoices into ERP system for payment.
- Determine payment dates. Assure that all discounts are applied and invoices are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Route Check Disbursements Register for payment processing.
- Update ERP system with payment information.
- Store all required supporting documentation in DASH to meet internal control requirements.
- Must display good interpersonal skills to effectively assist other team members and external customers.
- Work overtime as business/accounting needs require.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
- Comply with Company guidelines, rules and procedures as contained in the Employee Handbook and miscellaneous memos.
Strongwell reserves the right to revise job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].