Careers – Buyer (Bristol, VA)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Buyer (Bristol, VA)
Evaluate materials, products, and services to utilize the company’s resources efficiently and to gain maximum return while providing the tools and materials needed for the Bristol and Highlands locations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate raw material requirements (MRP)
- Work closely with Production Control to maintain proper inventory levels to meet manufacturing requirements
- Process purchase orders for:
- raw materials
- maintenance and repair items
- shipping supplies
- equipment, machinery, and tooling
- parts, tools and consumables
- custom hardware and paint
- intercompany purchase orders
- other items as required
- Manage delivery dates of purchase orders and communicate the deliveries internally
- Coordinate meetings with suppliers
- Study market prices/trends, secure and analyze quotations, negotiate prices/terms with suppliers
- Implement and maintain service contracts
- Approve invoices for accurate/timely payment
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the inventory process, including ticket tabulation/data entry
- Perpetually pursue cost savings opportunities
- Use independent judgment regarding purchasing decisions
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies and Education
- MRP/ERP knowledge
- Purchasing experience required
- BS degree in purchasing, procurement or other technically related field, or experience equivalent preferred
- Must be professional in all communication, especially with outside suppliers
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Sedentary/sitting for long periods of time at a computer
- Walk up and down steps and through a manufacturing facility
- Some bending, stooping
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Manufacturing facility
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].