Careers – Corporate Credit / Accounts Receivable Analyst (Bristol, VA)
**Great Benefits - Competitive Pay - Bonus Potential**
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity, and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm, and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, 400 Commonwealth Ave., Bristol, VA 24201. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Corporate Credit / Accounts Receivable Analyst (Bristol, VA)
Manage customer credit worthiness. Recommend credit limit, payment terms, monitor payment habits, and perform credit collection activity as needed. Act as a backup to the accounts receivable process. Perform miscellaneous accounting assignments and reconciliations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process new and existing customer credit applications.
- Evaluate credit material to determine credit worthiness of new and existing customers.
- Recommend credit limits and payment terms.
- Enforce credit policies as defined in the Financial Policy Manual.
- Maintain customer credit e-files.
- Monitor account balances for past due customers and customers over their credit limits. Initiate collection calls and participate in lien and/or legal action as necessary.
- Coordinate and facilitate the paperwork required for conducting international business.
- Assist in audit procedures as they relate to customer credit.
- Daily shipment invoicing for Virginia Operations
- Prepare month-end reports for Virginia Operations (Monthly Sales Reconciliation and Monthly Accounts Receivable Reconciliation)
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies and Education
- Associate’s degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred or combination college and work experience equivalent to 4 years in a credit related field.
- Two years of post-secondary education in Finance or related field with 1-2 years of experience in a credit-related field.
- Good understanding of accounting concepts.
- Excellent phone and communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Proficiency with ERP/billing software systems required
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Office, primary sedentary
- Limited travel
- Walking through facility on regular basis
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Office, utilizing office equipment
- Limited exposure to plant environment
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].