Careers – Corporate Director, Human Resources (Bristol, VA)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, 400 Commonwealth Ave., Bristol, VA 24201. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Corporate Director, Human Resources (Bristol, VA)
The Corporate Director, Human Resources is responsible for directing all Human Resources functions for Strongwell in accordance with the policies and procedures of the corporation, as well as administrative rulings and regulations of governmental organizations and other regulatory authorities. The Corporate Director, Human Resources will provide leadership and support of the objectives of the corporate business plan and overall success of the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a plan administrator to the company 401(k) plan
- Develop, maintain, manage, and oversee corporate benefits
- Serve as author of employment policies and the employee handbook
- Develop, review, revise, and oversee all employee policies to ensure adherence to required laws, regulations, and company strategies
- Ensure implementation of all required policies and procedures to include labor laws and regulations
- Ensure timely and accurate submittal of required reporting with regard to labor laws and defined contribution plans
- Direct performance management and talent assessments
- Promote recruiting efforts and oversee employee onboarding
- Provide consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations
- Drive the development of effective training programs
- Work with all departments and facilities to design and direct a company-wide process of organizational development that addresses key issues such as workforce development, employee retention, organization design, and succession planning
- Keep the CEO and executive team informed of significant issues that may impact company goals
- Develop and monitor annual budgets for Human Resources operations; assess the need for capital initiatives
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor adherence to established standards and procedures and identify opportunities for improvement
- Participate in executive, management, and company meetings
- Lead the organization in developing a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance with strategic objectives
- Drive a culture of open communications at all levels and serve as a point of contact for employee relations
- Support EHS in ensuring workforce safety and well being
- 5-10 years of leadership experience in the field of human resources
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Progressive responsibility in HR management, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience in 401K plan administration
- Demonstrated leadership experience in benefits management, preferably in a self-insured environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Ability to sit for long periods
- Ability to walk through a manufacturing plant and stand for long periods
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Office environment
- Manufacturing plant
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].