Careers – Detailer/Checker (Bristol, VA)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, 400 Commonwealth Ave., Bristol, VA 24201. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Detailer/Checker (Bristol, VA)
The primary responsibility of this position is to review/check structural assembly and shop drawings with bills of material within the Fabrication Sales/Detailing group. The position requires a commitment to accuracy and completeness combined with the ability to produce under time/schedule pressures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Check structural detailing work of other detailers as required
- Perform structural detailing in complete and accurate manner with limited instruction and guidance
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of AutoCAD
- Assist in training and instruction of Detailer and Detailer Assistant
- Effectively work with Plant personnel to ensure that shop detail drawings are in the detail and clarity necessary to affect accurate, complete and efficient fabrication work
- Assist Plant personnel in drawing interpretation and layout work
- Interface with customer and customer’s engineers as necessary to obtain information for preparation of detail and assembly drawings
- Keep the customer informed of any significant changes to the project
- Assist the customer in resolving any field problems that pertain to Strongwell supplied materials
- Assist with maintenance of records on drawing submittals/approval status
- Take pro-active responsibility in developing, improving, and implementing structural details for Strongwell fabricated products and work with Manager, Design and Drafting and Structural Engineers in incorporating details into Detailing Standards
- Assist Manager, Design and Drafting in the development and implementation of CAD detailing innovations and software
- Operate drawing reproduction equipment and assemble and distribute department produced drawing and specification packages as required
- Interfaces with customers as needed
- Work with others in a cooperative fashion
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interfaces with appropriate departments as needed
- Displays detail orientation without compromising effective time management skills
- Maintains perpetual competency with applicable technology
- Works well with minimum supervision
- Minimum of 5 years of experience Structural Detailing
- Proficient with development of structural drawings and details is required
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and 3D Modeling is required
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Primarily sedentary office environment
- Some exposure to manufacturing environment (resin, glass, and chemicals)
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, extended periods viewing computer monitor
- Walking, standing, and climbing stairs
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].