Careers – Drafter I (Chatfield, MN)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Drafter I (Chatfield, MN)
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for sales quotes, customer specifications and preparing the approval drawings/blueprints and detail drawings to be used at Manufacturing Plant. Provide technical assistance to other draftspersons and work with little or no supervision maintaining a high degree of speed and accuracy using CAD.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of Duties and Responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Prepare and enter drawings on CAD system following instruction and specifications.
- Use good communication skills when taking customer specifications to ensure accurate drawings and to determine product needs.
- Help train others in Drafting Department in areas where they need assistance.
- Assist Assembly and/or Fabrication Department if they are experiencing problems with an order or with drawings.
- Source non-standard parts as reference material for Purchasing Agent.
- Compile data for various continuous improvement projects.
- Assist Inside Sales with quoting potential orders.
- Work overtime, as business needs require.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed
- Comply with Company guidelines, rules, and procedures as contained in the Employee Handbook and miscellaneous memos.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies and Education
- High school education required
- 2 years of vocational training required
- 2-4 years of experience with CAD proficiency
Strongwell reserves the right to revise job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].