Careers – Drafter II (Chatfield, MN)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Drafter II (Chatfield, MN)
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for taking sales quotes, customer specifications and preparing the appropriate approval drawings for the customer and detail drawings for the Fabrication Department using CAD system. Primarily AutoCAD.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of Duties and Responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Prepare and enter drawings on the CAD system following customer specifications.
- Use good communication skills when taking customer specifications in order to determine what drawings, product, etc., is needed.
- Assist Grating Flow Line or Fabrication Department if they are experiencing problems with an order or drawing.
- Source non-standard parts as reference materials for Purchasing Agent.
- Compile data for various continuous improvement projects.
- Maintain a clean and orderly workplace.
- Work overtime as business needs require.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
- Comply with Company guidelines, rules, and procedures as contained in the Employee Handbook and miscellaneous memos.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies and Education
- High school education required
- 2 years of vocational training required
- CAD experience necessary
Strongwell reserves the right to revise job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].