Careers – Engineering Manager (Chatfield, MN)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity, and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, 400 Commonwealth Ave., Bristol, VA 24201. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Engineering Manager (Chatfield, MN)
Primarily responsible for the overall direction and management of the Engineering activities. Provide technical consultation to the Sales and Marketing activities on existing and new product opportunities and constantly works toward means and methods for improvement of existing process as well as identification of new process technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, monitors progress and supervises the activities of Process and R&D Engineering.
- Identifies proper level of personnel and participates in finding and selecting needed personnel within prescribed budget.
- Administers policies in fair, equitable and timely fashions.
- Identifies equipment and facility needs and actively participates in fulfilling those needs on time and within budget.
- Prepares departments capital and operating budgets consistent with forecasted activity levels.
- Works with Maintenance Department and others to assure proper care and maintenance of process equipment.
- Promotes activities which improve material and labor productivity.
- Regularly interacts with Purchasing, suppliers and other personnel to identify material improvements, innovations, or alternatives.
- Reviews product / process designs / collaborates with QA to assure customer needs are met and designs comply to standards.
- Assures manufacturing departments have proper technical support in solving ongoing processing problems.
- Performs and/or directs department activities to achieve goals and objectives.
- Displays competency in quality standards and assures quality expectations are met.
- Maintains world class housekeeping for area.
- Ensures bill of material and routing accuracy through the ECN process.
- Participates in corporate technical engineering strategy planning.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
- Comply with Company guidelines, rules, and procedures as contained in the Employee Handbook and miscellaneous memos.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies and Education
- Must possess college degree specializing in Engineering.
- Must have five (5) years increasingly responsible experiences in processing of reinforced plastic products with primary experience in the area of Pultrusion engineering.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to provide leadership, demonstrated mechanical inclination and competence in mechanical design/drafting.
- Proficient in the usage of computers.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Sedentary work; many hours of computer work per day
- Personally interact with all departments
- Ability to walk through facilities on regular basis
- Minimal lifting
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Exposure to glass/resins
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].