Careers – Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Environmental Health & Safety Specialist (Bristol, VA)
Comprehends and implements essential safety and environmental regulations in pursuit of a zero-incident culture. Maintain best practices designed to enhance and improve regulatory compliance and to minimize industrial injuries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support in enforcing policies and procedures to reduce or eliminate high potential environmental and safety exposures
- Responsible for the collection, maintenance, and organization of regulatory records
- Collect data for semi-annual and annual VADEQ reports
- Perform daily MACT checks
- Enter monthly data to EMS using Emi-Track software
- Maintain hazardous waste manifests
- Manage the Stormwater Pollution Prevention program
- Help manage Strongwell’s safety program
- Organize CPR and Defibrillator training
- Maintains medical treatment room
- Organize random drug testing program through HR department
- Manage the Safety Data Sheet system
- Certified to perform respirator fit testing (as needed)
- Coordinate scrap material pickups
- Coordinate hazardous waste pickups
- Organize annual RCRA/DOT training
- Work with Training Coordinator to ensure required safety and environmental training is performed
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety, Environmental/Health Science, or closely related degree, or equivalent work experience required
- 2+ years of safety or environmental experience desired
- Manufacturing experience preferred
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Limited lifting, climbing, stooping
- Walking, standing for long periods of time
- Limited travel
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Exposure to resin, glass, and chemicals
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].