Careers – Estimator (Bristol, VA)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Estimator (Bristol, VA)
This position is responsible for estimating all fiberglass projects, including the development of costing/pricing, preparing and submitting bids/proposals as well as estimating material alterations after an order has been received.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the Project Manager, engineering/drafting to convey work required based on the written quotation.
- Coordinates with customer and corporate representatives to obtain complete design information.
- Thoroughly reviews client’s specifications and prepares, coordinates, and publishes accurate job estimates
- Accurately utilizes all estimating components
- Updates costing information on a regular basis
- Interfaces with customers as needed to determine requirement of projects
- Maintains quotations for future reference and develops historical data
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exhibits professional presence consistent with company’s ideals and values, at all times
- Interacts effectively with all departments to facilitate a positive, productive working relationship
- Displays detail orientation without compromising effective time management skills
- Maintains perpetual competency with applicable technology
- Works well with minimum supervision
- As a positive company representative, influentially provides suggestions to secure order.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies and Education
- A college degree or equivalent experience
- Strong skills in blue print reading
- Basic estimating/material takeoff skills are preferred
- Construction experience/knowledge a plus
- Proven ability in mathematics, as well as oral and written communications and computer skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Primarily sedentary
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, extended periods viewing computer monitor
- Walking, standing, and climbing stairs
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Exposure to resin, glass, and chemicals
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].