Careers – Human Resources Manager (Chatfield, MN)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity, and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, 400 Commonwealth Ave., Bristol, VA 24201. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Human Resources Manager (Chatfield, MN)
This position is responsible for the human resources generalist functions for the Chatfield, MN facility. The Human Resources Manager plays an integral and collaborative role with Chatfield management ensuring positive employee relations, employment law compliance, benefit plan administration, recruiting, policy administration, and talent development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruiting, hiring, and onboarding of applicants and new hires.
- Administers medical/dental plans, corporate service awards program and other benefit programs for the Chatfield location.
- Interacts with HRIS payroll, record keeping, hourly time and attendance system as required.
- Partners with managers and supervisors on performance management issues, team member engagement activities, career development, and succession planning.
- Assists Director of Human Resources with corporate projects affecting Chatfield.
- Serves as HIPPA Privacy Officer.
- Ensures consistent compliance with Strongwell employment policies as well as government regulations.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains benefit plan records and other record retention items, using Strongwell’s HRIS system.
- Liaison for contract employment agencies.
- Assists with government/regulatory compliance reports.
- Facilitates significant company social events including Christmas lunch and company picnic
- Continues HR education and training, staying abreast of employment law and regulatory changes.
- Conducts exit interviews.
- Serves as confidential resource for employees.
- Coordinates COBRA information.
- Administers FMLA and leave programs.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies, and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or related field.
- HR certification such as PHR/SPHR or SHRM – SCP/SHRM-CP a plus.
- Three plus years of proven HR management experience, preferably in manufacturing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of core HR competencies including but not limited to compensation, benefits, employment law, talent development and training, mentoring/coaching/facilitating, recruiting, and retaining talent.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and HRIS systems.
- Unwavering integrity, confidentiality, and discretion with employee and company information.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Office, primarily sedentary
- Limited travel
- Walking through facility on regular basis
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Office, utilizing office equipment
- Limited exposure to plant environment
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].