Careers – IT Business Analyst (Bristol, VA)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
IT Business Analyst (Bristol, VA)
Develop, enhance, and optimize line of business applications to support the company operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, configure, and implement Power Platform technologies to drive efficiencies, system integration, and data integrity.
- Enhance and/or extend off-the-shelf applications to increase their value to company operations.
- Follow established processes and procedures for the software development lifecycle including coding conventions, source control, and documentation.
- Develop and optimize database queries and stored procedures for data analysis.
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing reports and databases and assist with resolving problems.
- Define project requirements by identifying and documenting project milestones, phases, and elements.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problem, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues.
- Continuous learning and application of skills and resources
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies, and Education
- Knowledge of software development methodologies
- Familiarity with SQL Server
- Knowledge of reporting scheduling tools, subscriptions using SSRS and Power BI
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Highly self-motivated and able to prioritize and complete tasks with attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with end users to understand, document, and enhance processes and workflows
- Experience with Microsoft development tools stack
- Experience with Source Control systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, or similar field
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Sedentary work.
- Minimal lifting.
- Manual dexterity to operate, troubleshoot, and install technology equipment and systems.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Exposure to glass/resins
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].