Careers – IT Systems Engineer (Bristol, VA)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
IT Systems Engineer (Bristol, VA)
The IT Systems Engineer role provides reliable and secure network and systems to support the company operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure network security, connectivity and performance
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade networks, servers and storage infrastructure
- Provide guidance and technical expertise for line of business applications
- Understand systems and applications as they relate to the business processes and guide users to optimize systems and applications
- Address Help Desk tickets regarding hardware, software and networking
- Conduct remote troubleshooting
- Provide support for remote connectivity including mobile devices
- Set up and manage local AD accounts, Office 365 accounts and Group Policy
- Assist with troubleshooting issues and outages on network and production systems
- Maintain technical documentation and manuals
- Analyze existing equipment/systems performance and logs for any signs of failure or degradation. Determine the root cause and resolve.
- Upgrades network, servers and systems by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements
- Support, configure, maintain and upgrade ERP system
- Support, configure, maintain and upgrade phone system
- Work closely with departmental managers to determine future network/ systems needs developing budgets and project plans
- Interface with vendors to understand options for improvement, develop project plan, timelines and project budgets
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Continual learning and application of skills and resources
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies, and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or relevant field.
- Proven work experience as a System Administrator
- Hands-on experience with Windows Server, Windows Desktop Operating Systems, Microsoft Office and Azure
- Experience with Microsoft Server applications: SQL Server, SharePoint, Exchange (premise and cloud)
- Working knowledge of office automation products and computer peripherals such as printers, scanners and mobile devices
- Knowledge of network security practices and anti-virus programs
- Excellent problem-solving, multitasking and communication skills
- Proven ability to maintain a positive and support attitude while working in a fast-paced and ongoing-changing environment
- Ability to perform remote troubleshooting and provide clear instructions
- Ability to work closely with vendors
- Ability to work independently as well as with others in a team-based environment
- Ability to work in multilingual environment
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Sedentary work.
- Minimal lifting.
- Manual dexterity to operate, troubleshoot, and install technology equipment and systems.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Exposure to glass/resins
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].