Careers – Manager of Virginia Manufacturing Operations
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, 400 Commonwealth Ave., Bristol, VA 24201. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Manager of Virginia Manufacturing Operations (Bristol, VA)
The Manager of Virginia Manufacturing Operations is responsible for general manufacturing management of dual plant operations for Strongwell’s Bristol, Virginia and Abingdon, Virginia facilities, consistent with Strongwell’s values and industry leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and work closely with Bristol and Abingdon production teams to increase productivity and profitability.
- Direct and manage day to day plant operations for Pultrusion Production, Molded Grating Production, Fabrication, Production Control, Material Control, Shipping, and Receiving.
- Analyze and manage workforce requirements.
- Recruit, hire, and train personnel.
- Annual budget preparation and execution.
- Promote and assure compliance with ISO 9001-2015.
- Maintain compliance with government regulations.
- Establish and maintain world class safety standards.
- Manage and operate facilities in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Maintain and support a superior housekeeping program.
- Review production schedules to ensure delivery commitments are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Implement cost effective operating expenditure controls.
- Encourage and promote continuous improvement.
- Remove waste and production constraints.
- Manage capital asset maintenance
- Serve as mentor to Managers/Supervisors
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies, and Education
- B.S. degree in management, engineering, or related field.
- 5+ years manufacturing management experience.
- Demonstrated ability in project management.
- Thorough knowledge of all manufacturing disciplines.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance production and maintenance needs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
- Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
- Ability to comprehend and effectuate TCM system (ERP - Time Critical Manufacturing).
- Exhibits confidence in self and others while reinforcing respect and trust.
- Display orientation for profitability without compromising exceptional quality standards.
- Inspires high level of performance and demonstrate urgency in improvement.
- Exceptional understanding of contemporary materials management and production scheduling dynamics.
- Reacts well under pressure while treating others with respect.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Personally interact with all departments
- Ability to walk through facilities on regular basis
- Travel as needed
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a manufacturing work environment.
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].