Careers – Manager, Quality Assurance, Virginia Operations (Bristol, VA)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Manager, Quality Assurance, Virginia Operations (Bristol, VA)
Manages inspections of raw materials, materials in process, and finished products. Oversees the development of quality standards and protocols for quality assurance testing models. Assists in the design and implementation of policies and procedures for testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and/or equipment. Aids manufacturing and engineering by analyzing and solving quality problems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement and maintain quality management systems and standards to measure and control quality in the production processes.
- Hands on capability to investigate problems, complete root cause analyses, develop corrective actions, and assist in the implementation of solutions.
- Work with designers and engineers to establish quality standards for individual products, set out the standards in documents for the production team, and implement proper inspection processes.
- Work with production staff to raise awareness of the importance of quality and train production workers in quality procedures.
- Support quality inspectors and provide them with the tools and training to control quality on the production lines.
- Take proactive measures, such as developing and implementing continuous improvement programs covering production processes and quality management systems.
- Work with members of the supply chain to ensure the quality of raw materials, components and sub-assemblies to meet the company’s quality standards.
- Interact with customers on product development and customer complaints.
- Collect and analyze data form process and product evaluations.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead problem solving and root cause analyses
- Act as Strongwell’s internal auditor for ISO 9001.
- Understand and lead ISO 9001 certification requirements.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance
- Work with others in a cooperative fashion
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies and Education
- BS/BA degree in engineering with quality assurance certifications.
- Minimum of three to five years in an industrial manufacturing operation.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 Standards.
- Lean and Six Sigma training a plus.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Some lifting, squatting, walking
- Long periods of standing
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Exposure to resins and fiberglass
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].