Careers – Process Engineer (Bristol, VA)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Process Engineer (Bristol, VA)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Strongwell, the world leader in the manufacture of pultruded composite products, is seeking an engineer for its Bristol, Virginia manufacturing facility. The Process Engineer will work closely with employees in operations, technology and product development to improve processes and systems, productivity improvements and waste reduction efforts. Flexibility is necessary to support multiple shift operations when required. Strong interpersonal, analytical, communication and problem solving skills are required.
REQUIREMENTS / KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- B.S. in mechanical, chemical or composite engineering
- Creative technical aptitude.
- A keen desire to learn a unique and growing manufacturing process.
- Hands-on capabilities with ability to communicate effectively with various manufacturing departments.
- Understanding of best manufacturing processes
- Ability to multi-task assignments
- Analyze, recommend and implement process improvements
- Report on process activities
- Recommend and implement productivity improvements
- Recommend and implement waste reduction processes
- Investigate and resolve production problems
- Work with development team to investigate new processes and formulas
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate with verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Efficient in 3D modeling software, specifically SolidWorks
- Composite industry experience in process engineering
- 3 to 5 years’ process engineering experience
- ISO, AutoCad, ERP Systems exposure
- Environmental and Safety familiarity
- Pultrusion manufacturing experience is a plus
- Process automation
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].