Careers – Process Engineering Manager
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Process Engineering Manager (Bristol, VA)
This position is responsible for the overall direction, management, and documentation of Virginia Operations (Bristol and Highlands Facilities) Process Engineering.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform and direct department activities to achieve goals and ensure objectives are completed and documented on-time.
- Review Engineering documentation, specifications, drawings, tooling, and procedures to ensure customer needs are met and designs comply with industry and company standards.
- Review and document product/process designs to ensure customer needs are met and designs comply with industry and company standards.
- Ensure manufacturing departments have proper technical support to avoid and resolve (if required) processing concerns.
- Provide production processing support of existing products daily basis.
- Guide engineers in the development of tooling design and processes for unique new custom products.
- Foster and lead improvement of existing processes and identification of new process technology.
- Display competency in quality standards and assure quality expectations are met.
- Understand ISO 9001 and ensure adherence by the department.
- Prepare department’s capital and operating budgets consistent with forecasted activity levels.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Foster innovation regarding all engineering disciplines and designs.
- Motivate engineering employees to work as one cohesive unit.
- Act as a leader in the concept of Continuous Improvement.
- Engage with support departments to ensure objectives are met and documented.
- Assist sales department with product design and new product opportunities.
- Interact with Purchasing Department, suppliers, and other personnel to identify material improvements.
- Participate and lead continuous improvement teams.
- Resolve issues with root cause analysis.
- Ensure engineering department follows all environmental, health, and safety requirements.
- Ensure employees are properly trained.
- Administer Strongwell policies in fair, equitable, and timely fashion.
- Work with others in a cooperative fashion.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies, and Education
- B.S. in engineering discipline.
- Industrial Engineering experience desired.
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Proven management/leadership/coaching skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and documentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient engineering software.
- Excellent time management skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB:
This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Significant period of time walking/standing.
- Lifting up to 40 pounds.
- Bending, stooping, kneeling.
This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Exposure to glass/resins
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].