Careers – Production Manager – Minnesota Operations (Chatfield, MN)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Production Manager - Minnesota Operations (Chatfield, MN)
JOB SUMMARY: The Production Manager is responsible for planning, organizing and directing manufacturing teams to meet the company objectives by working with managers and supervisors. The Production Manager is responsible for mentoring supervisors to ensure productivity and implementation of best practices. The Production Manager should know and apply a variety of manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures to promote continuous improvement to meet or exceed customer expectations while managing the overall plant production in achieving Safety, Quality, Service, Waste, Cost-out and Productivity goals. This will be executed through providing strong leadership to the team and managing the systems, equipment, people and materials according to the established policies, procedures, specifications, and customer requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of Duties and Responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
- Provide leadership to production employees and monitor their performance to ensure adherence to established standards and procedures and to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient daily operation of all production departments, maximizing productivity and minimizing cost while maintaining quality.
- Cultivate an environment of excellence through open communication, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Create and reinforce a safety first culture by personal leadership as well as appropriate daily reinforcement of employee behaviors.
- Work in a team environment with management to coordinate a production schedule based on available work force, equipment efficiency, and material requirements as well as establish priorities and monitor production progress to achieve required deadlines, objectives, and budgets.
- Review production schedules to ensure shipping deadline commitments are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Drive to achieve and improve company Key Performance Indicators that include Safety, Scrap Reduction, On-time Delivery, Direct Labor, and Utilization.
- Supervise, motivate, and coach production employees in the performance of their duties, complete performance reviews, and provide feedback and necessary mentoring to develop and enhance their growth.
- Remove waste and production constraints, allocate human and equipment resources and direct production employees to attain established goals, improve efficiencies and enhance productivity to drive up quality and reduce costs.
- Promote and ensure compliance with ISO 9001-2015.
- Coordinate the training of manufacturing employees.
- Maintain compliance with safety standards and all other company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as may be assigned to support business needs.
- Comply with Company guidelines, rules and procedures as contained in the Employee Handbook and miscellaneous memos.
- Bachelor’s degree in Production Management, Engineering, Business, or related field preferred.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Highly proficient in ERP systems, Microsoft Office, and data analytics.
- A process oriented thinker with strong technical acumen and a passion and desire for continuous improvement.
- The ability to manage in a deadline driven environment while maintaining high standards of quality and a strong customer focus.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills.
Strongwell reserves the right to revise job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].