Careers – Production Shift Supervisor (Chatfield, MN)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Production Shift Supervisor (Chatfield, MN)
Supervise and coordinate the activities of workers by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct and lead department by determining work procedures, prepare work schedules, and expedite workflow to promote Continuous Improvement.
- Lead by example in all areas: attendance, attitude, comradery, communication, productivity, housekeeping, safety, and commitment to name a few.
- Responsible for the training of employees which requires good communication skills whether written or verbal instructions.
- Responsible for promoting a team atmosphere in each department and across departments.
- Responsible for setting department goals and preparing budgets keeping cost control in mind. Areas to monitor include manpower, overtime, scrap and expendables.
- Need good interpersonal skills as it relates to communication. You are expected to communicate with other supervisors, engineers, your co-workers, as well as maintain the flow of information between the shifts and shift supervisors.
- You will assign duties and examine the work for quality (conformance to specification), neatness of the work area and enforce conformance to work policies and procedures.
- You are expected to study and standardize procedures to improve department efficiency. To implement this you should spend a minimum of 50% of your time out on the floor and be visible, assisting your subordinates in performing their duties on occasion.
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances and complaints. Monitor for situations that could lead to charges of sexual harassment or hostile environment.
- Responsible for keeping training records, attendance records and performance records for their employees so that comprehensive employee performance evaluations can be given. Also responsible for Corrective Action when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
- Comply with Company guidelines, rules, and procedures as contained in the Employee Handbook and miscellaneous memos.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies and Education
- High school education.
- Prefer 1-2 years of college or equivalent with 2-4 years of on-the-job experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Standing, walking, bending, twisting and climbing
- Some lifting up to 40 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Manufacturing plant
- Exposure to noise and dust
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].