Careers – Pultrusion Supervisor (Bristol, VA)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, 400 Commonwealth Ave., Bristol, VA 24201. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Pultrusion Supervisor (Bristol, VA)
Manages the Pultrusion Shift to include the following responsibilities: daily production requirements; quality metrics and attainment; monitoring, analyzing, and acting upon key performance indicator data; performance management and work assignments; EHS compliance and training; and positive employee relations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct daily activities of employees to meet production requirements.
- Communicate and ensure achievement of performance objectives.
- Ensure all manufactured products conform to company standards.
- Administer timely and accurate data reporting.
- Minimize scrap, maintain acceptable material costs, and utilize human resources appropriately.
- Promote compliance with all environmental, health, and safety policies.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Train new employees.
- Coach all employees regarding continuous improvement.
- Actively engage department concerning cost reductions.
- Proactively communicate business information to connecting shifts.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies, and Education
- High school graduate or GED diploma.
- Proven satisfactory work record.
- Basic PC, Microsoft and TCM aptitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Displays effective organizational skills.
- Above average technical aptitude.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Manufacturing plant with exposure to glass, resin, and chemicals
- Fast-paced industrial environment
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].