Careers – Quality Assurance Manager (Chatfield, MN)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Chatfield, 1610 Highway 52 South, Chatfield, MN 55923. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Quality Assurance Manager (Chatfield, MN)
JOB PURPOSE: This position is responsible for the overall development, implementation, and maintenance of Strongwell’s Quality Management System (QMS). The QA Manager will establish and maintain new and existing Quality programs to ensure compliance of customer specifications and Strongwell’s internal requirements. The QA Manager will guide and provide support in the areas of raw material inspections, First Article submissions, In-process inspections, and random audits of both in-process and finish goods product. The QA Manager will work cohesively with many areas of Operations to focus on the entire business system to drive profitability, continuous improvement, customer satisfaction, and overall system accountability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure Strongwell’s QMS conforms to ISO 9001 standards.
- Leads efforts for ISO certification and re-certification audits.
- Maintain standards to measure and control quality in the production and non-production processes.
- Assure Strongwell’s products meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining the QMS including areas such internal and external audits, non-conforming material processes, corrective and preventative actions, document control, calibration of measuring equipment, First Article processes, training, and inspection.
- Formulate and manage the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and systems pertaining to the QMS.
- Assist members of the supply chain to ensure the quality of raw materials and components meet the company’s quality standards.
- Assist in response to customers on product development and quality issues.
- Provide leadership for all staff ensuring the development and implementation of the facility-wide quality and performance improvement plan and functions.
- Assists with other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies, and Education
- Bachelor's degree with a focus on engineering, operations, or related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience leading a QA program in manufacturing.
- Quality assurance credentials or certifications.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 standards.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with root cause analysis.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to effectively foster relationships and communicate with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Exceptional project and time management skills with high attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Performs duties as workload necessitates with the willingness to support a 24/7 operation.
- Must be trustworthy with confidential information and readily meet deadlines.
PHYSICAL WORK CONDITIONS:
- Split time between office and manufacturing environment.
- Manufacturing environment will include exposure to moving machinery, fiberglass, fumes, and chemicals.
- Physical requirements may include some lifting, squatting, walking, and long periods of standing.
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].