Careers – Quality Technician (Bristol, VA)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Quality Technician (Bristol, VA)
The Quality Technician is responsible for conducting testing procedures to ensure finished products conform to quality standards. This position is also responsible for maintaining Strongwell’s quality systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate and coordinate the electronic and manual quality systems and ensure all personnel utilizing the modules are competent and have a working knowledge of the system (i.e., Document Control, Internal Audit, Training, Inspection, Gage Calibration, Preventive Maintenance, Supplier Quality).
- Develop and implement quality inspection procedures to improve, track and control quality.
- Utilize ISO and customer quality control procedures to ensure materials meet or exceed customer requirements.
- Perform Calibration activities as required to ensure all IMTE are compliant and in good condition.
- Assist the Quality Inspection Supervisor in the Hold Tag process (MRD area)
- 5S implementation lead and maintenance. Actively coordinate 5S activities and perform audits as it relates to the 5S process.
- Train and work with the Set up and programming of on-line inspection devices as required by internal and customer specifications.
- Communicate and ensure achievement of performance and strategic objectives as defined by management.
- Ensure all manufactured products conform to company standards.
- Participate on corrective action teams as needed.
- Administer timely and accurate data reporting.
- Promote compliance with all environmental, health, and safety policies.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Train employees on the use of the electronic quality management system.
- Train employees in the 5S program.
- Identify areas for QMS improvement and implement new methods accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies and Education
- High school graduate or GED diploma.
- ASQ Certified Quality Technician preferred.
- Quality Inspection and Layout experience; 5 years required.
- 5S system coordination and planning experience preferred.
- Basic PC, Microsoft, and ERP aptitude.
- Good communication skills.
- Displays effective organizational skills.
- Above average technical aptitude.
- Detail oriented.
- Outcome oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Manufacturing plant with exposure to glass, resin, and chemicals
- Fast-paced industrial environment
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].