Careers – Sales Director (Bristol, VA or Chatfield, MN)
**Great Benefits - Competitive Pay - Bonus Potential**
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity, and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm, and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, 400 Commonwealth Ave., Bristol, VA 24201. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Sales Director (Bristol, VA or Chatfield, MN)
This position is primarily responsible for professionally managing an assigned sales territory. This position is located in either Bristol, Virginia or Chatfield, Minnesota.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or exceed sales goals
- Research the territory to identify, and secure, potential new business
- Support personnel at the appropriate manufacturing location to obtain correct pricing and technical information
- Achieve specification of Strongwell products with engineering firms and end users directly, and indirectly with manufacturing representatives and distributors
- Keen knowledge of territory: competition, markets, customers, and agreements
- Continually improve product knowledge by spending time in each manufacturing location and with key personnel
- Communicate with internal personnel with information pertaining to product requirements, acceptability, and competitive matters
- Forecast and execute a business plan that includes meeting all goals for the territory
- Effectively work with all departments
- Thoroughly prepare for all sales calls
- Maintain a high level of integrity and develop a high degree of trust and respect among customers and Strongwell team members
- Maintain professional behavior, attitude, and appearance at all times
- Create and conduct sales presentations utilizing Microsoft PowerPoint and other presentation tools
- Submit all required reports and CRM updates in a timely manner
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Travel throughout assigned territory to meet with potential customers, support existing customers, and generate new business (at least 50% overnight travel)
- Participate in relevant trade shows, sales meetings, and training sessions
- Diplomatically resolve customer concerns
- Remain compliant with all company policies and procedures
- Be a team player, assisting where needed to get the job completed
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies, and Education
- College degree preferred
- 5-7 years of successful experience in sales
- Strong background in specifying products with engineering and architectural firms
- Experience managing manufacturing representatives
- Strong selling and closing skills
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Good organizational skills
- Competitive and a self-starter
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].