Careers – Staff Accountant / Job Cost Analyst (Bristol, VA)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Staff Accountant / Job Cost Analyst (Bristol, VA)
As a key member of the Virginia Operations Finance/Accounting team, this position reports directly to the Accounting Manager. This role is instrumental in various general ledger duties, the cost analysis of job activity, and miscellaneous accounting functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process credit card requests and freight approvals.
- Maintain customer information in ERP system.
- Maintain aviation spreadsheet and daily check log spreadsheet.
- Prepare various journal entries relating to job cost, Accounts Payable accruals, expense allocations, and job cost revenue reclassifications on a monthly basis.
- Maintain monthly account reconciliation schedules for year-end disclosure and for review by Accounting Manager/Chief Financial Officer.
- Prepare various month-end reports such as job cost variances, margins report, various accruals, and expense reports for review by Accounting Manager.
- Monthly and quarterly payroll to General Ledger reconciliation.
- Assist with year-end physical inventory and external audits for both Virginia locations.
- Maintain and report census data as well as unclaimed property taxes for all necessary jurisdictions.
- Act as back-up for the Accounts Payable position.
Job Cost Analysis:
- Analysis of standard and actual job activity for both Virginia locations. Confirm accuracy and test for completeness of data.
- Perform shop order variance analysis and record reasons for variance.
In the absence of the Accounts Payable Administrator, the Staff Accountant/Job Cost Analyst will:
- Prepare/proof the weekly Accounts Payable check processing reports for approval by Chief Financial Officer for both ACH and manual check payments.
- Process weekly Accounts Payable cash payments.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must display good interpersonal skills to effectively assist other team members in the Job Costing process.
- Work extended hours as business/accounting needs require.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies, and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3-5 years of practical accounting experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with ERP software preferable
- Experience in cost accounting preferable
- Experience in accounts payable preferable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office preferable
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB:
This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Mostly sedentary job; Work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Some work on plant floor; walking, stooping, bending
This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Office, utilizing office equipment
- Limited exposure to manufacturing plant environment
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].