Careers – Staff Accountant / Job Cost Analyst (Chatfield, MN)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Staff Accountant / Job Cost Analyst
JOB SUMMARY: A key member of the Minnesota Finance/Accounting team, this position reports directly to the Controller Minnesota-Mexico Operations. This role is responsible for General Accounting and Job Cost Analysis duties, as outlined below, as well as backup responsibilities for Minnesota’s Accounts Payable and Payroll functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: This list of Duties and Responsibilities is not an all-inclusive list. Employee will be responsible for performing other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management, as required.
- High School graduate - post-secondary training or 2-3 years of equivalent work experience in related field.
- Office/computer experience including Microsoft Excel proficiency.
- Knowledge of manufacturing production/inventory fundamentals beneficial but not required.
- Familiar with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software.
- Strong understand of accounting theory and math aptitude.
- Responsible for the fixed asset accounting function for the Minnesota location, including asset capitalization, asset retirement, monthly depreciation expense, and fixed asset internal audits. Maintain all required documentation via the use of SAGE Fixed Asset software.
- Maintain customer sales tax exemption certificates utilizing Avalara CertCap software. Confirm that valid exemption certificates exist for open tax years. Obtain certificates for those missing/invalid. Stay current with state sales and use tax regulations as relevant to Strongwell’s billing process.
- Prepare various monthly journal entries, such as Cost of Sales, Model Shop Labor, Shipping Supplies and Tool/Die accruals, AP Accruals, Unvouchered Receipts and various recurring and allocation journal entries.
- Prepare and reconcile various monthend account reconciliation files associated with journal entry Postings.
- Responsible for the coordinate, review and work up and routing of Minnesota freight invoices for Payment. Update sales freight tracking sheet. Prepare monthly Journal #28 Freight Accruals.
- Prepare Sales Freight and Raw Materials Freight Analysis reports for Management review.
- Once approved, upload journal entries files for both Minnesota and Mexico locations into TCM Accounting module and Mexico Contpaqi Accounting software.
- Serve as backup to Minnesota Division’s Accounts Payable and Payroll function.
- Assist with yearend physical inventory and audit responsibilities, as requested.
JOB COST ANALYSIS:
- Analyze regular and L-Job activity for Minnesota and Mexico locations. Confirm accuracy and test for completeness of data.
- Close completed jobs. Print and file required documents for retention.
- Perform Shop Order variance analysis and log reasons for variance.
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE (Backup function):
- Receive vendor invoices for processing.
- Complete vouchering process. Assure that invoice/PO quantities and amounts are accurate and all supporting documentation to meet internal control guidelines are in order.
- Code invoices for data entry.
- Enter invoices into ERP system for payment.
- Determine payment dates. Assure that all discounts are applied and invoices are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Route Check Disbursements Register for payment processing.
- Update ERP system with payment information.
- Store all required supporting documentation in DASH to meet internal control requirements.
PAYROLL (Backup function):
- Proof weekly hourly payroll statistics and confirm for accuracy. Send to Corp for payroll processing.
- Process contract employee hours worked and communication to employment agencies.
- Maintain plant PLT log for tardiness and unpaid time.
- Enter payroll information changes in ADP, such as banking information and address changes.
- Review Attendance Slips for unpaid time.
- Calculate Perfect Attendance.
- Provide various ad hoc payroll reports to Strongwell management.
- Prepare/distribute payroll checks.
- Assist supervisors with payroll system support.
- Provide accurate and timely information for the filing of federal and state tax reports and deposits.
- Must display good interpersonal skills to effectively assist other team members and external customers.
- Work overtime as business/accounting needs require.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
- Comply with Company guidelines, rules and procedures as contained in the Employee Handbook and miscellaneous memos.
Strongwell reserves the right to revise job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].