Careers – Structural Engineer (EIT) (Bristol, VA)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, P.O. Box 580, Bristol, VA 24203-0580. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Structural Engineer (EIT) (Bristol, VA)
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This Structural Engineer EIT position will report to the managing structural engineer, and assist in overseeing the Structural Engineering Department in the analysis and design of pultruded fiberglass reinforced structures, resolve quality issues related to Strongwell structural designs in the Fabrication portion of Strongwell product lines, and work with Sales and customers in education and developing solutions using Strongwell products. This position requires an overall commitment to advancing the implementation of composites into structural applications as well as developing the opportunities for utilization of these applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in overseeing the Structural Engineering Department at the Bristol location
- Capable of performing all job functions and responsibilities of Structural Engineers
- Resolution of quality issues in fabrication of Strongwell in-house designs
- Determination of Strongwell’s scope of responsibility in Structural Engineering applications
- Maintain records on design calculation submittal/approval
- Work with Chief Detailer, Structural Engineers, and Detailers in developing, continual improving and implementing Structural Detailing Standards for Strongwell fabricated products
- Provide preliminary design estimates for Fabrication Sales quotations and verify that the Engineering portion of fabricated work is properly contracted and incorporated into customer’s projects
- Display positive and supportive communication skills with customers, Sales Directors and internal customers
- Design and analyze fabricated structures by providing sale sketch and written analysis as needed
- Technical assistance to Inside Sales and Sales Directors when necessary
- Provide field assistance on projects when needed
- Travel to trade shows and promote product as necessary
- Maintain regular and predicable attendance
- Work with others in a cooperative fashion
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Sales, Marketing and other department in the development of FRP product opportunities
- Provide structural design and/or consultation to other departments as required
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and Inventor
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies and Education
- A Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from an accredited institution or university
- Fundamentals of Engineering exam completed with passing score
- Plans for passing the professional engineering exam in four years
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].