Careers – Welder A (Bristol, VA)
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, 400 Commonwealth Ave., Bristol, VA 24201. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Welder A (Bristol, VA)
This position is responsible for performing a wide variety of welding from simple to complex.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses MIG/TIG welding to ensure proper welds
- Monitors fitting, burning and welding processes to avoid overheating, warping, distortion, etc.
- Ability to read diagrams and instructions
- Source and set up the job based on the requirements
- Maximizes use of metals
- Ability to perform complex welds
- Uses equipment safely and efficiently and follows all safety and environmental regulations
- Check finished work to ensure it is within tolerances marked on the blueprints or diagrams
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses jigs and fixtures as necessary
- Structural comprehension to understand strengths and capabilities of materials
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies, and Education
- Minimum of 5 years’ welding experience
- High school education and vocational education
- Demonstrated experience as welder
- Blueprint comprehension
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB: This position requires that the employee be able to perform the following physical requirements, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Standing, lifting, twisting, and bending
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to quickly adjust controls, quick arm movements when necessary, and manipulate/grasp objects for welds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Machine Shop – Manufacturing
- Some exposure to glass, resin, and chemicals
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].