Careers – Structural Drafter/Detailer (Bristol, VA)
**Great Benefits - Competitive Pay - Bonus Potential**
At Strongwell, growth, market diversity, and financial stability create an environment of security and opportunity. Strongwell people take pride in being part of an industry leading team. The company recognizes that its people provide the intelligence, vitality, enthusiasm, and productive effort that makes the company what it is today.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a completed application (linked below), along with your resume and salary history to Human Resource Department, Strongwell-Bristol, 400 Commonwealth Ave., Bristol, VA 24201. You may also email your information to [email protected]. All application submissions are confidential. No phone inquiries please.
Structural Drafter/Detailer (Bristol, VA)
This position is responsible for generating design and assembly drawings and shop drawings for customer orders requiring value added fabrication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop assembly drawings and shop drawings complete with proper views, sections, dimensions, and bills of material. This includes all mathematics and layout as required to graphically represent the work.
- Generate the necessary records and paperwork to properly document all requests for information (RFI) and the release of drawings at varying revision levels.
- Assist Plant personnel in drawing interpretation and layout work.·
- Properly use both paper and electronic filing system per department standards.
- Communicate with customers concerning job status and details.
- Work with Sales, Engineering, and Estimating to assure that customers get what they need.
QUALIFICATIONS: Experience, Competencies and Education
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in structural drafting / detailing
- Working knowledge of Geometry and Algebra.
- Experience with and ability to read structural drawings.
- Proficient use of CAD systems.
- Proficient use of office software (such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position requires that the employee be able to work effectively in a work environment involving:
- Fast-paced Manufacturing
- Exposure to dust, resin, and chemicals
The above mentioned duties are the essential functions of the job. We reserve the right to review job duties as situations dictate. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity with the industry leader, please submit your resume in confidence to [email protected].