Introducing Corrosion Resistant Fiberglass DURAGRID® R-7300 1” Grating
Strongwell is excited to introduce the company’s new grating – DURAGRID® 1” R-7300. This innovative fiberglass grating is specially designed to replace 1” steel grating in corrosive environments such as offshore drilling and production platforms, refineries and chemical plants. DURAGRID® R-7300 1” grating offers the following advantages:
- Strength — DURAGRID® is extremely strong and impact resistant. The R 7300-1” can span 36” with a load of 100 psf and a deflection of less than 1/4”.
- Virtually Maintenance-Free — DURAGRID® fiberglass grating will not rust and corrode like the steel grating, thus reducing maintenance costs.
- Rectangular Bars — Rectangular bar shapes are better suited in applications exposed to wave uplifts or when all surfaces of the bars need to be kept clean. The rectangular bar has a similar appearance to steel bar grating which is a benefit anytime a steel bar grating “look” is desirable (for example when a section of corroded steel bar grating is being replaced).
- Light Weight — DURAGRID® R-7300 1” grating is half the weight of 1” steel grating and, therefore, easily handled in installation, and cost less to ship than steel grating.
- Cost Effective - The easy-to-install (and remove) design of fiberglass grating provides savings on labor and maintenance, resulting in both initial and long-term savings and elimination of the cost and inconvenience of “downtime for repairs” in operations.
- Safety — A non-skid surface on fiberglass grating proves safe for workers. DURAGRID® grating is also low in electrical and thermal conductivity.
The bearing bar spacing of DURAGRID® R-7300 is 1 3/16” on center — the same spacing as standard steel grating. It is designed to replace many of the standard 1” steel gratings with the same appearance. Load tables are available.