COMPOSOLITE® Secondary Containment Systems
The COMPOSOLITE® Secondary Containment System is ideal for use in any application requiring secure containment of liquid or solid materials. The system was initially developed in conjunction with American Electric Power and has been widely accepted by many utilities. Current installations number over 500.
The lightweight, high strength pultruded fiberglass Containment System is much easier and more cost effective to install than poured-in-place concrete or earthen containment alternatives. The system also can easily be installed in confined or remote areas or easily removed if necessary.
Each COMPOSOLITE® Secondary Containment System is designed for your specific application. Systems are prefabricated by Strongwell and shipped in kit form for field assembly.
Features and Benefits:
- Easy to Install
- Reduced Installation Costs
- Corrosion Resistant
- Low Maintenance
- Low Conductivity
- Easy to Transport
Typical applications include oil containment for electric substation transformers, secondary containment for chemical storage areas and containment walls around construction sites.
Each containment system is shipped with the following materials:
COMPOSOLITE® panels – maximum length 24′; weight approximately 7.5 lbs/ft.
- Square tubes for post with pre-drilled holes
- Corner angles with pre-drilled holes
- 316 stainless steel bolts
- Cap channel with nylon rivets – furnished in 20′ lengths for field cutting
- Drill bits for bolts and rivets
- Tubes of Pliogrip® adhesive
- Adhesive applicator
- Splice plates with pre-drilled holes
- Flat strips and self-tapping screws for liner